Discover more from House of Ventures
Marketing Hacks You Need To Know
Hi guys, what’s up?
I post insider marketing tips, tactics, and hacks every week on LinkedIn.
I thought I should also send them out via this awesome publication.
Organize the weekly tips and ship them out directly to you.
Here we go:
This Marketing Tactic will help you beat competitors!
It is really simple to set up.
So no excuse for your CMOs.
It is also cost-effective, so there is no excuse for your CFO.
It goes like this:
1. Open a Twitter Ads account.
2. Choose 5 of your competitors.
3. Twitter lets you run a campaign targeting the "followers" of specific accounts.
4. Write up a great Ad (or let ChatGPT do it for you).
5. Run the campaigns.
6. Do A/B Testing ONLY on the content (not the audience).
There you have it folks.
Your brand in front of your target audience every single day!
Your competitor just got a big funding announcement,
If you are a smart marketer, these are the first things you do:
1. Set up a Google Ads campaign on their Brand keyword.
*People are going to google their name and see your ad.
2. Create a Matrix Table showcasing your features compared to the competition.
* You upload it to your blog section.
*You run LinkedIn ads + Twitter ads driving visitors to the page
*You amplify it on social.
3. You add all the reporters who covered your competitor into a Gsheet file.
*You make it a mission to develop a relationship with these reporters.
*You update them on relevant news/launches/events in your industry.
There you have it, folks, three simple marketing tactics that you can do.
I also wrote something about office politics; it went viral on LinkedIn, which was not surprising.
Here it is:
I see startups with 30 employees have office politics.
How is it possible?
How does it make sense?
Even their competitors (30,000 employees) don't have this amount of office politics.
There is so much "work theater" going on in startups.
People sitting in strategy meetings, trying to sound smart.
So much BS.
The purpose of a startup is to become a real business.
To become super profitable.
The edge startups have compared to corporates is that they can execute like f*cken crazy.
Don't be that weird startup that acts like a corporate.
Be that skyrocket-type startup that moves crazy fast and executes like a f*cken machine!
Hope you got value out of this article!